Monday, October 25, 2010

The Flight






I would rather state it as an accident that I am here…some of the close friends know the reason. Well it was 15 September 2010 early morning I got cab (Hyundai accent) from Cybage exactly at 4am to my place. . Driver (Vijay) is very good person and driver.
This was my fifth time to fly.I reached airport at 5am, 1 hour early for flight. Lohegaon airport is quite small in size, less busy but good. My plane was Jet airways konnect. It is a small plane which can carry 64 passengers in it. I asked for window seat but sadly got it under wings. Well for those who don’t know problem of that seating …it has engine very close and partly blocks the view from the window.
Soon after some announcements our flight was air bourn and as we reached some altitude I was amazed to see sleeping Pune…small villages, fields, rivers and roads connecting to them forming a network. Soon this was all covered by white blanket of clouds which made the city sleep in peace. It was indeed pleasure to watch clouds muffler mountain ranges in Pune. I was busy guessing which among them was Sinhgad, but failed to do so.
We climbed altitude of around 50,000 feet’s. I saw three layers of clouds one which we see from ground then one which is above it that’s second layer which are also water bearing clouds. We were flying above 2nd layer and there was one more layer above us, its 3rd layer …it was clear sky which we see in other seasons with is scanty clouded. I was very tired and sleepily but was still looking out with red sour eyes begging for sleep. I was hunting for some amazing scene to capture as memories. Well I think the person next to me was under impression of me being first time air bourn as I was holding camera and clicking every huge cloud that passed by. Soon my eyes went heavy and I fell asleep.
When I woke up (in 15mins) it was a sad new for me as the sunrise was on other side of the plane. However when I tried to peep out from other side of plane …It was gorgeous scene. The sky was a mix of so many oranges, blues, purples and pinks that it was impossible to believe that God paints in his spare time when his subjects are sleeping!
Soon there was announcement made that we are going to land in 20min at Rajiv Gandhi international airport of HYD and it is about 60km away from us. Planes started to descend and as the cloudy curtain were unveiled, we were flying over AP. On peeping down, it was lush green carpet with vivid designs lay on mother earth. Designs made by fresh muddy lakes and weird stack of rocks. Surprisingly I see those stack of rocks every where over the city and I guess not man made.
Soon we landed …it was 7:55am. As it’s an International airport its infrastructure is fabulous and clean. When I was walking out of airport there stood a person holding a paper with my name on it. That moment was like a dream come true. Till now I saw in films that some actor walks out of airport and some one is waiting for him with a board of actors name on it. We started towards guesthouse which is 40km from airport. Well again I stunned to see the roads near airport it reminded me of Turkey roads. We were then riding on 30km stretch which is a 6lane road. It’s still under construction and will be an express way I guess. Knowing that I am newbie in HYD driver was also telling me about the things that we saw on the way.
We reached the guest house Phase 2 Bungalow 10 Vasant Valley, Whitefields, Kondapur @ 9:15am. It’s a 5B2HK. I was given a room on ground floor. Next to me is PM’s room from my project. Well that guesthouse also has some guests from other companies.
I got ready for office by 10am and was accompanied by my PM Divya Rakesh. Convergys is 1-2 km from guesthouse. Its neighbors are Mahindra Satyam, Google, HSBC, TCS, Cybage, Wipro, Satyan Oracle, Dell, Congni. and many many more.
To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment