Monday, November 1, 2010

HITEC City






This is my first time to be away from home for a long time. Many of my age guys have been away form home and have experienced the independent life. Pune is my home I almost know every corner of it, but Hyderabad is some thing new to be explored. Till date my knowledge about Hyderabad was limited. I knew only 3 things about Hyderabad 1st Hyderabadi Biryani 2nd It’s also called Cyberabad 3rd Nagesh Kukunoor one of my favorite director hails from Hyderabad.
I am supposed to work in a company which is located in Hitec city. I use to think the word ‘HITEC’ is just to give it techie name. But when I investigated a lil more I found that its full form is Hyderabad Information Technology Engineering Consultancy, a major technology township which is at the center of the information technology industry in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. It’s surrounded by suburbs like Madhapur, Kondapur, Gachibowli, Nanakramguda, Manikonda, Thellapur etc. It’s still developing so infrastructure is fairly maintained. It seems companies and government bodies are trying their level best to achieve international standards. One of the websites proclaims Hitec city as one of the seven wonders of Hyderabad. When I reached in Hitec city I use to pick any random big company name and try to locate it in Hitec city and to my surprise they all are here even Google and Facebook.
As I was alone in my guesthouse so one of the Sunday afternoon I decided to go window shopping in InOrbit mall. It’s about 5km from my guesthouse. I planned to go walking. I was shocked to see empty roads of Hitec city…not a single soul!!!. I could see shadow of only 2 vehicles at a far distance and few drowsy security guards at company gates. Damn even hawkers take weekend off. May be this is because its not a residential area. But with every step I was exploring Hitec city more n more. I was reading all the big name of big branded companies and capturing their beautiful architecture in my digi cam. Some company compound walls are beautifully painted, displaying progress in Andhra Pradesh.
No sooner I reached Inorbit mall, it’s a three storey building nested on corner of a hill and a lake called ‘Durgam Cheruvu’. On the other side of lake is Andra Pradesh Tourism cottages and they also sport boating. As Diwali festival is knocking on the door, mall is set in festive mood. But this festive mood has a Chinese grin. It’s a delight to see entire mall lighted and colored but with Chinese lanterns. All shops look like mind-boggling array of spectacular colors. As I was alone and had plenty time to spend, I scanned the mall completely. But then I went to left side of mall from there I could get glimpse of lake. My interest to see the lake from that mall started to rise. So I climb down to get a better view. It was like I was solving a puzzle making my way among the mall shops in quest to get a better view of lake. And in no time I was standing next to CCD and Chilies restaurants from where one can see the lake. That view is a photographer’s delight and offers such an amazing sight. There is a small garden on terrace which is well maintained and the view from there is spectacle you cherish while sipping hot cup of coffee with your beloved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment